9.15.2009

Sanzone Wedding

From the first time I spoke to her, I knew that Emily was my version of an ideal bride. The type of person I will remain friends with in years to come. Emily and Mike trusted me implicitly with the photography of their wedding and were truly excited to have me there. The wedding was in Pottsville, PA. Jennifer Albertini from Mary Kay Cosmetics did an amazing job with the make-up. Emily couldn't get over how beautiful her bouquet was from Pod and Petal,
and neither could I.
This is what the flower girl held.


I loved every little detail.When she put on her dress, she simply looked at the expression on my face and said,
"Thank you". My lower jaw resting on the floor must have said it all.Dad awaits. Seriously, I adored this whole family.We did most of the formal shots in Yuengling Park. Pottsville, the home of Yuengling Lagger.I refer to this as "The Wild Trolley Ride". Jose Cuervo was on board, people were chanting Jose and Sanzone, corks were being popped left and right... It was a wild party and the reception hadn't even started yet! I took a moment and stepped back saying, "How is this my job?" I can't believe people pay me to party with them. BEST job ever.The reception was held at the Schuylkill Country Club.Their favors were donations made to the Make A Wish Foundation, a cause very near and dear to my heart.I swear Emily's sister, Tara, has had drumming lessons because she was a bear on the drums. This just kills me that she was drumming along side of the live band, Mixx. And let me take this time to remind every bride out there how much of a difference a live band can make at your wedding. I see guests get so much more into dancing and interacting.Everyone went wild when Emily's boss got up to play the harmonica.
Then Emily grabbed the mic...And then played the drums with her sister. Never have I seen 3 drummers on one set of drums. This party was off the hook.It was such an honor to be a part of your day and to build a new friendship. I wish the two of you the happiest of lives together. You deserve it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OHHHHHHHHH BETTY!!!!!!

Looks great! Wish I was there..... Nice shots!

-m

Anonymous said...

Meg. Loved your comments. It was an absolute pleasure to have you as our photographer. You did a fabulous job and were a natural fit with all of our family and friends. I look forward to our continued friendship and to future photo shoots! All the best. --EM